Friday, October 30, 2009

name change?

I'm thinking of changing the name of the blog, too many people use Engrish to describe how Koreans say the word English, and I really don't want people to expect this to be funny because it really isn't. I'm not sure what I'm leaning towards for a name though, maybe just "Man-boy on the Peninsula" or something simple like that. I really can't think of anything at the moment. I'm too tired.

Fridays always hit me like a brick. I don't know how I could ever consider going out until 4 or 5am on a Friday night, this is the night that I'm always the most tired. It's been a long week, and I'm glad it's over. Tonight I gave a practice IBT test to my students and those tests always make me more tired than the students. Sitting at the computer for two hours when they take the test always wears me out. I'm really not looking forward to an entire week of IBT's next week. I'll be exhausted by Friday night next week. Maybe I'll just keep my fingers crossed and hope the Minister of Education decides to force all the Hagwons to close because of swine flu. I won't hold my breathe, but a guy can always dream.

I mentioned yesterday I would talk a little about our pointless meeting. We have what we call level-up tests every three months at my academy. The students have to get a certain score on the tests to be able to move to the next level. We have the same exact meeting every three months and talk about the same exact things. It's really worthless. Everyone knows that the only thing that matters is that your class falls into the average. You score a few of your worst students a little below the average, and a few of your best students above the average, and everyone else falls in the middle. Yet, we still have to have these retarded meetings every three months just so we don't forget. There was a time, about a year ago, when we didn't have to go to these meetings if we had been here longer than three month and had given the tests at least one time. Now, everyone has to go. So even though I've graded these stupid tests 50 times and know exactly what I'm doing I have to sit through these 2 hour meetings telling me the same shit I've heard 20 times. Pointless, really really, pointless.

On a different note, the Bruins lost today. They should have won, they really outplayed New Jersey for about 58 minutes. Then they fucked up and got sloppy in the last two minutes and gave up a goal that lost it for them. Still, I'm excited about the way they played today. Without Savard and Lucic they're still looking pretty good. Bergeron is playing like he used to, and Wideman no longer makes me cringe every time he touches the puck. I'd like to see a little bit more from Krejci though. He's just not playing as well as he was last year. I don't think he's fully recovered from his surgery yet.

Anyways, that's all for today. I think I might play a little PS2. I've finally gotten through the first two hours of teen angst bullshit in "Star Ocean" so I think I can actually finally play the damn game.

Goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment