Monday, December 7, 2009

월요 병

월요 병 means "Monday disease".



Fortunately, I don't have Monday disease. Probably because I only have to work 3 hours on Mondays. That makes breaking the week in a little easier.

Today, I had my Korean class. It went well. I need to study more. Now there are a lot more students in the class though, so I don't feel like I'm at the lowest level anymore.

We learned some adjectives today, and how to conjugate them. It seems like it'll be easy to learn them. The conjugations are all the same as the verb conjugations, so I just need to learn the vocab. I think that's what I really need to focus on, learning as much vocab as possible. I should make some more flash cards and actually make an effort to study them for an hour or two everyday.

I had a really great weekend. On Saturday we finally got to Nampo-dong and we finished all of the Christmas shopping. I got t-shirts for almost everyone, at least all my nephews. I let my girlfriend pick out the present for my niece. That makes it a lot easier. I never really know what to buy my niece, being a dumb male, so having a girlfriend pick out her gifts is a load off my mind. Now that I'm done with the shopping all I have to do is actually mail the gifts to the States. That'll probably be the hardest part. Shopping is easy, but getting together the motivation to go to the post office and mail all that shit will be difficult. I'm so lazy sometimes. Anyways, I'll try to get them out within the next week or two. They might be a little late, but a little late is better than never.

Nampo-dong was nice. They had some Christmas decorations up. I would post some pictures, but I forgot to bring my camera. If I'm going to really make a run at this blogging thing I need to get better at remembering to bring my camera with me.

After Nampo we had Daegi-galbi. That's my favorite Korean meal. I used to love Samgyeopsal, but now I prefer the galbi. They're both BBQ'd pork, but galbi is marinated.

When dinner was finished we came home and relaxed. We watched something on TV but I can't remember what the hell it was. It wasn't anything exciting. Maybe 30 Rock or something? They've started playing American sit-coms on one of my Korean channels so we can watch something in English now without my girlfriend complaining or falling asleep. I just wish they would pick better shows.

The only other news I have is that my nephew tried to hoodwink me with a trade on fantasy hockey. He actually tried to trade me Daniel Alfredsson for Marc-Andre Fluery. Crazy. No way am I going to give up my number one goalie for Alfredsson. I really don't need another right wing. I have Doan, Kessel, and Semin at right wing, so I'm stacked as it is. I counter offered Kyle Quincey and Thomas Vokoun for Dan Boyle and Nittymaki. It's a fair deal. He gets the goaltending he needs, and I get the producing defenseman I need.

Anyways, time to put in my 3 hours of work...sigh...life is difficult.

1 comment:

  1. It is so hard! I have to work a grueling 3 hours on Monday, and Tuesday! Life sucks.

    ReplyDelete