Sunday, December 20, 2009

the things we do




Next weekend I'm meeting my girlfriend's parents for the first time. She is worried about the age difference, even though they know how old I am, and doesn't want them to notice that I'm older than her. So she insisted that I dye my hair. I am still only 34, but I've got quite a few gray hairs up there.

I was resistant. I don't really like the idea of dying my hair, it seems kind of fake. I just want her parents to like me for who I am and not care whether I have a few gray hairs. Is that too much to ask? Her parents actually seem like really nice people. They've given me gifts without even knowing me. Every few months they get me some fresh juice from a farmer they know. Their nice people. I don't think they would care that I have some gray hair.

My girlfriend cares though. So yesterday I went and got my hair dyed. It actually looks pretty good. I was worried, but it turned out okay. I can still smell the shit in my hair though. A constant reminder of what I'm willing to do to keep my girlfriend happy.

Other than that I've just been very busy with classes.

Yesterday morning I took some time and counted how much change I have. I've saved 575,000 won in change. Looks like the PS3 is coming earlier than previously expected. I think I'm going to order one this week. I've already ordered Dragon Age, so hopefully around Christmas I'll get the game, and maybe the day before I'll get the PS3.

I'm psyched because last week I bought Call of Duty 4 and I'm fucking seriously disappointed with it. After all the hype I thought it'd be great, and the graphics really are. However, if I spend $50 on a game I want to actually be able to play it for a while. It only took me 5 hours to finish all the missions. Fucking waste of money. Maybe it's just because I usually play RPG's, but I'm used to having 50-100 hours of gameplay, not fucking 5 hours.

Don't waste any money on that piece of shit.

The online part is supposed to be good, but I don't really feel like getting massacred by a bunch of fat 12 year old kids who play it 16 hours a day.

3 comments:

  1. Damn, I hate games like that. I never used to play games because I get so addicted, but recently I bought an old Resident Evil game and have racked up about 25 hrs of gameplay. It kills the evenings pretty easily. Too easily, maybe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I'm the same way. I go through phases when I'll spend way too much time playing games. I've been off the geek crack for about six months now though so I need a fix for the new year. I've heard good things about Dragon Age. I'm also waiting on the God of War collection and Demon's Souls. Should keep me happy through the cold months.

    ReplyDelete
  3. At least you still have hair to dye. I am 32 and I don't know if I have any gray hair, because I have been shaving what I have left since 1999.

    ReplyDelete