Sunday, November 22, 2009

the end is near...or is it??

The weekend is over. In the morning I have to get up and make it down to Haeundae for my Korean class. I'm having a hard time keeping three people going. If the attendance drops below three the teacher will cancel the class. There's only two at the moment. One of my friends is being moody. I thought I was abnormal until I moved to Korea and began to meet all the other expats. A thirty-three year old man, too moody to go to Korean class at 12:30pm. He got turned down by a girl at a bar on Friday night, it ruined his entire weekend. No joke. Another friend is just getting drunk again, so I don't know if he'll be able to make it for the 12:30pm class, but at least I can understand hungover.

This weekend was pretty good. No fights. I was even pushing it a little bit. In the middle of church today I turned to my girlfriend and said "자고 싶어요," or, "I want to sleep". Surprisingly, that didn't start a fight. I even accidentally dropped an empty coffee cup on the woman sitting in front of us. Normally, that would be grounds for 24 hours of the silent treatment.

After church we went to see the movie "2012". It sucked. After an hour and a half I just wanted them to fucking die already. Seriously, just live or die, don't make me sit through almost two and a half hours of boring, non-suspenseful, crap just to let me down at the end with two-hundred thousand people on a boat. Even "The Day After Tomorrow" was a better disaster movie.

One good thing did come from the movie though. My girlfriend is worried about the world ending in 2012 now, so she says she has to love me even more. Maybe that means more sex? Maybe an occasional blow job? Maybe she'll even cook? Who knows what it means, but I'm not going to burst her bubble and tell her it's all bullshit.

On the lighter side, I have one student in my Monday/Friday class who is an idiot. He pulled the fire alarm on Friday. This was probably not the smartest thing to do one week after this:

A total of 10 people, including eight Japanese tourists, were killed, and six others were injured Saturday afternoon (Nov 14) in a fire at an indoor shooting range in Busan, a southern port city of South Korea, local media quoted police as saying.

The fire broke out at about 02:26 p.m. local time at the second-floor indoor shooting range which was located in a five-story building in the second largest city of South Korea, and was quelled at around 03:04 p.m., police said.

Preliminary investigation showed that the fire started in a lounge adjacent to the shooting range, where seven bodies have been found later, and eight bodies believed to be Japanese tourists who were visiting the shooting range as part of the tour program, with the two others South Koreans, the police said.

http://www.newsgd.com/news/world1/content/2009-11/16/content_6333397.htm

I told him that pulling the fire alarm is always wrong when there is no fire, but if you pull it one week after a bunch of people died in a fire than you could really cause serious panic. I warned him that people could actually get hurt if they panic in a situation like that, but I don't think it got through to him. I sent him to a Korean staffer who yelled at him in Korean for ten minutes, but he returned to class with a smile on his face, so I don't think that made him realize the seriousness of pulling the alarm either.

I'm also a little worried about swine flu. I feel okay, but on Friday one of the teachers forgot to take his kids temperatures. Of course, that would be the day that one of his students would get violently ill in the middle of class. During the fire alarm fiasco one of the Korean staffers was walking the sick kid out of his class. I happened to be in the hall at the time and saw him. He was sweating and coughing. Kids here are not taught to cover their mouths when they cough. As luck would have it this little fucker coughed on me as he was being walked past me.

I really hope I don't get the fucking swine flu.

Anyways, that's it for now.

1 comment:

  1. Just rub some Kim-Chi on whatever area he coughed on, it will kill any swine flue virus.

    ReplyDelete