Thursday, November 26, 2009

Ice hockey...and noise...in Korea!!

Thanks to a post from Brian I know where to go to find some hockey. It's a long way up to Anyang, but certainly worth a once-a-year trip to see a little live hockey. Hopefully my girlfriend will buy me some tickets for my birthday for the weekend after my intensives. I'm looking forward to it.

The Bruins managed to win their fourth consecutive game this morning. They played great the first period, but fell apart after that. Still, they pulled it off in the shootout and beat Minnesota 2-1.

Wideman sucks. They need to get some better tape for his stick because he's about as reliable as a girl with 공주 병. He coughs up the puck more often than I cough up junk on a Sunday morning after drinking and smoking all night. Wow, my metaphors are bad. Mark that down on things Man-boy needs to work on.

Noise is really starting to drive me crazy. This morning there was some dog outside that wouldn't shut up. Not a deep-voiced, big, lab-type dog bark. A whiny, tire-squealing, nut-squeeze, bark. I really hate ankle-biters. I hate the girls who carry them around dressed in their little ankle-biter tweed outfits. I hate seeing the little fucking rats pissing and shitting on the subway, while their owners watch, pretend nothing happened, and go about their business without cleaning it up.

I'm glad my girlfriend doesn't like animals. If she ever asked me to get a rat dog I think I'd disown her. I just can't take those stupid little things. I think the smallest I would ever go with a dog would be a beagle. At least a beagle has some self-respect.

In a perfect world boshingtang (dog soup) would be made only with dogs that are the same size as, or smaller than, cats. I might even eat it if I knew it was made of one of those little bastards whose shit I had to step around to get off at my subway stop. Mmmm, delicious. Now that would be mashi-fucking-sawyeo.

In other noise, the asshole living above me continues to pound on the floor. There's no sense to it. I'm beginning to think that he found out a foreigner lived below him. He maybe lost a girlfriend to a waygookin and decided to annoy every other foreigner he comes across. It just so happens that I'm his next target.

Every few hours I hear "BOOM, BOOM, BOOM" upstairs. There's no discernible pattern to it. At first, I thought maybe it was a working girl living up there, but it just can't be. Only three BOOM's? Come on, I think the last time I only had three BOOM's was when I was a teenager. It can't be that.

My next conclusion was that they are doing some kind of construction work up there. But even that doesn't make sense. Three swings of the hammer, and then rest for four hours? What the fuck? It happens at the strangest times too. I'll hear it at 8:00am, then at 3:00pm, then at 2:00am. I don't fucking get it. What the hell is going on up there? It's not from people just walking around, it's too loud, it's too deliberate. "BOOM, BOOM, BOOM." It's fucking killing me.

I called the front desk and they said they'd find out what was going up there. That was two weeks ago. It's still going on. Two months it's been going on. "BOOM, BOOM, BOOM." Pretty soon I'm going to take my hockey stick and just start pounding the ceiling with it. Brush up on my Korean insults and start screaming in my deepest, pissed off, adjoshi voice.

Anyway, thanks again to the "Idiot". I got about 150 extra hits yesterday thanks to his plug. I hope I don't disappoint.

No comments:

Post a Comment