Friday, November 20, 2009

Too much to do

Don't really have a lot to say today. I just got some books in the mail. I'm quite excited about them. My copy of "The Elements of Style" has finally arrived, as well as Stephen King's book "On Writing".

I also got three books on Korean history that look pretty interesting. It's unfortunate that I'm unable to get any books on Korean history written in English in country, but at least I will always have Amazon.com.

The term at my school is almost over, next week is the final week. Because of that it's been virtually impossible to control the students. They all know that nothing they do makes any difference at this point. Whether they level-up or not has already been decided so they realize that any work they put into their studies now will not have any effect on the final outcome.

The test scores have been so bad that I've made a game of it. Most of the test scores this week have been below 5, the vocab tests have 25 questions, so I'm having them predict the collective class scores. Whomever gets closest without going over gets 5 pieces of candy. Last night the winning guess was 5. That's in a class of 8 students. So the class average was less than 1. It's good to know that their parents are really pressing them to finish the term strong.

Anyways, I'm working on my first movie review. I'll be posting a review of this:



It'll be done at some point this weekend. I just want to watch it a second time and take some notes before I finish it up and publish the post.

Have a good weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment