Monday, November 2, 2009

korean class

For some reason every time that I mention Korean class I mistakenly say "English class" instead. Maybe it's my subconscious telling me that before I take on Korean I should at least come close to mastering one language.

My first class was this morning. I went over there with a buddy of mine. He told me that he wanted to make it a competition and be a better student than me. I told him not to bother. I'm a horrible student, I always have been. It's amazing I made it through high school and university, I never studied.

We were supposed to meet two other guys from my hagwon over there, but not surprisingly they didn't make it. I swear nobody here is capable of being on time for anything unless you hold their hands and walk them to it 30 minutes early. One of them just plain forgot, and the other accidentally set his alarm for 11pm instead of 11am.

There were only four of us in the class. My buddy and I, and two girls I've never met; one of them American and one of them Canadian. We both knew right away that neither of us would be the best student in class, the girls totally out-classed us. In our defense, the girls have taken these classes before and were just there reviewing.

The teacher is a complete nut-job and talks way too fast. I can barely understand her English she speaks so fast, let alone her Korean. Nevertheless, I made it through the first class without making a total ass of myself. I now have a list of verbs and past-tense conjugations that I have to study for next week, as well as some short phrases using those verbs. All in all, I would say I probably learned more today than I've learned in the entire two years I've been here.

Other than the class the only thing I did was wake up at 3am to waste 2.5 hours watching the Bruins game. 1-0 Rangers. I don't know what's up with the Bruins, they played well enough, but I'm just starting to think that they can't put the puck in the net without Savard. Their power-play is an embarrassment. They play well 5-5, but give them an advantage and they just can't manage to do anything.

I'm also now back to my previous thoughts that Wideman should not be allowed within 50 feet of the puck. The guy is one of the most overrated defense-men in the league. He makes so many bad passes in his defensive zone that it's just scary. He's got to pick up his game and stop playing like a high school kid who's thinking too much about cheap vodka and pussy to make a smart play.

Oh, and I just have to say one more thing. My girlfriend is the best. She knows that I'm a little tight on cash because of my recent vacation. So what did she do? She went out and bought me two, yes, two winter coats! Of course, I have no say in the selection of my clothes anymore, but it's still really cool of her to go out and get me some winter coats. I already had one, and she knew that I had one, but it wasn't one that she selected for me, so I needed a new one. She's great. That's one less thing I have to worry about now.

Anyways, that's the extent of it. Bye.

Oh, yeah, and feed the fish. Can't you see they're starving? Don't you care about the fish? Do you want people to think I neglect my fish?


No comments:

Post a Comment