Monday, November 9, 2009

i'm panicking...a little

Looks like marriage is definitely in my future. Closer than I had originally thought. Originally, my girlfriend and I had been talking about getting married next fall. Her brother was going to get married in the spring, and her parents had told her that they wouldn't allow her to get married until after him, so the fall was the best spot for the two of us. This weekend her brother told them that he wouldn't be able to get married until the fall. That means that we can't get married in the fall. Can't steal the thunder of the Han-male-child and all that shit, so we're left with either the spring of 2010, or the spring of 2011.

I'd be perfectly happy with the spring of 2011. That would give us some time to plan and save some money. However, her parents are starting to get pissed off. She stays at my place every Friday and Saturday night and mommy and daddy are not happy with this. They flat out told her this weekend that if she's going to continue this behavior she'd better just get married or they're going to put a stop to it.

Now, I'm left with two options. Marry in the spring of 2010, and enjoy a relatively stress free 6 months with my girlfriend being happy. Or, I can put it off until the spring of 2011 and deal with a year and a half of a crazy girlfriend, pissed off parents, and a general shit-storm of stress. Even though it's a little faster than I had planned, I think I'll opt for option one. In the long run, it'll just be easier to deal with. No angry fathers, no bitchy girlfriend, just planning shit sooner than I thought we would have to.

I haven't even officially proposed to her yet though. She'll say yes of course, we've already been talking about dates and stuff, so I'm not really worried about that. But it's still a huge step. I didn't know that things would happen this quickly. Last night I had a twinge of panic run through me when I thought about being married. It's definitely what I want, but it's a little scary. I will be in the land of "Fan death" for the rest of my life. Or at least until we retire. That's a long time. It certainly wasn't what I had planned on when I came here. Fuck, two years from now I might have a Man-boy junior running around the house. Wow.

Anyways, that's it. I'll talk about my Korean class tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment